Care For People Plus, Inc. Overview
Care For People Plus, Inc. (CFP+) is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP)/Contracted Support Staff (CSS) in the Reading and Berks County, PA areas.
WHO: We have flexible positions to assist people who live with Intellectual Disabilities. Prior experience is not necessary. The position types are for experienced as well as entry-level people. These positions are open to all applicants and everyone is encouraged to apply.
WHAT: The Direct Support Professional (DSP)/ Contracted Support Staff (CSS) will provide face-to-face Home and Community Habilitation, Companion and/or Respite services for individuals who live with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
HOW: Our purpose is to facilitate services according to each person’s Individual Support Plan (ISP).
The main focus being skill development or maintenance in everyday life skills including functional, social, and daily living. Each individual has an Individual Support Plan (ISP) that is unique to them and which addresses various wants and needs.
WHY: These services provide guidance and support in helping them gain independence, interdependence and community integration.
WHEN: Services are to be provided at various scheduled times and days throughout the week. Hours vary for each position. Part-Time or Full-Time hours, according to the Consumer’s Individual Support Plan (ISP), are available.
WHERE: Services can be implemented in the individual’s home or local community settings.
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Consumers’ health, safety, dignity and individual rights at all times while enhancing the quality of the individuals’ everyday life.
- Participate in the development and implementation of each Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Provide services to each person in their home and/or their community according to their Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Participate in implementing the Individual Support Plan (ISP) designed to enhance the individual’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and independent living skills.
- Assist individuals in the development of appropriate behavioral, social, money management, housekeeping, hygiene, and other skills based on outcomes in the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Adhere to Department of Public Welfare (DPW)/Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) Regulatory requirements Tittle 55 Chapter 51 Office of Developmental Programs Home and Community-based Services.
- Complete and submit all daily progress notes and time sheets in a timely and professional manner, in accordance with CFP+ guidelines.
- Collaborate and cooperate with involved Federal, State, County agencies, family members, natural supports network and other service providers; participate in meetings and provide relevant information.
- Provide transportation for the person to local community outings or scheduled appointments, in direct support staffs personal vehicle.
- Work independently with minimal supervision in the person’s home or local community.
- Ensure that the services are provided incorporating the Principles of Everyday Lives and Positive
- Approaches in the least restrictive setting and with the utmost attention to their health, safety, rights and dignity.
- Provide support in medical related emergency situations according the CFP+ Consumer Medical Emergencies Policy.
- Review and assess, initially and on an ongoing basis, the Individual Support Plan (ISP) in order to provide appropriate services to each person.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals in arranging for medical care, when responsible to do so, as per the Individual Support Plan (ISP) while following health care recommendations.
- Provide skill instruction for the person in an appropriate setting according to each person’s Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Utilize local community resources in order to promote community integration, independence, and interdependence.
Core Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs): The applicant may have existing knowledge or the ability to learn any of the following:
- Ability to adapt to various work, social and interpersonal situations.
- Maintaining appropriate and professional behaviors with each person receiving services, their family, supports network and CFP+ staff.
- Effectively communicate, in a respectful manner, with each person receiving services, their family, supports network and CFP+ staff.
- Ability to perform basic math as well as provide basic math instruction.
- Ability to observe and assess visual or auditory signals made by the individual in communicating their wants and needs in relation to the service outcomes documented in the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Capability to maintain and secure information in a confidential manner as well as using technology to share confidential information with only the appropriate individuals involved in the delivery of support services.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task work assignments.
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize good listening skills as well as the ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions given in English.
- Ability to write legibly, in English, in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and express oneself effectively in English.
Must have a valid current driver’s license, vehicle registration, vehicle insurance and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport each person to their appointments.
Must be able to travel to trainings/meetings upon request of CFP+ staff.
Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Contracted Support Staff (CSS) is an independent contractor!
What that means for you is:
You are responsible for your own Federal, State and Local taxes, you will receive a IRS Form 1099-Misc from CFP+ by January 31 of the next year. Consult a tax professional for further guidance.
You are not covered under our Workman's Compensation.
You are not eligible to apply for Unemployment Compensation under CFP+.
Your time required to accomplish annual Provider Qualification trainings is not paid for by CFP+.
Must have the ability to obtain Criminal and Child Abuse background checks as defined by DPW/ODP regulations:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
Care For People Plus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: Direct Care Worker, Direct Support, Advisor, Residential Assistant, Personal Care Specialist, Residential Services Aide, Mental Health Worker, Community Support Associate, Residential Services Worker, Community Living Facilitators, Residential Program Worker, Mental Health Assistant, CNA, habilitation staff, personal care worker, home health worker, Personal Care Specialists, Therapeutic Activity Aide, Therapeutic Activity Worker, Residential Worker, Nurse Assistant, Intellectual Developmental Disabilities, IDD, MR, Mental Retardation, Social Services, Human Services
We are also always recruiting for possible jobs in the following areas:
Berks, Cambria, Centre, Columbia, Dauphin, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Mifflin, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Snyder, York, Susquehanna, Union, Wayne, York counties in Pennsylvania.